Blog.

This is my first time. I'm a little nervous.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

New Itinerary Again!

Dad. I hope you're reading this blog, because these itineraries are for you.

March 24. I'm in Belize!
March 25. San antonio, Belize - I'm going to watch some Mayan ceremonial dances and visit the jungle!
March 26. Same deal.
March 27. Jungling.
March 28. There is a giant Maya hoopla all day on Palm Sunday. there's even a running of the torch all over belize, so while I did miss the olympics, I will still see the fire.

March 29. back to Guatemala
March 30-April 2. Coban / Semuc Champey / Lanquin. this is the national park that is home to the quetzal (guatemala's national bird). I'm gonna bag one (picture of a quetzal). Also, a creepy cave filled with bats and water. You take the tour in your swimsuit holding only a candle, and swim with the candle above your head through the underground river. weeeeird.

Easter weekend. Antigua. This is it. semana Santa, the big celebration with flower carpets all over the city and huge parades. Antigua will be filled to capacity on these days, so probably I will be calling everyone I know to get away from the crazies.

After that, I'm heading up to mexico through Palenque (west and north of Guatemala), my last mayan ruin, and then up over guatemala to the Yucutan where I am meeting up with Tina, Matt, Mom, and possibly Chelsea for a week of sunning myself (safely, with tanning lotion) and salting myself in the ocean.

April 15th. I'm coming home!

april 18th. matt's basketball banquet and, I heard through the vine, aiden's 1st communion.

4 comments:

  1. Ah excusa me, mam! You do not have April 13th on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, OK, I saw it in the fine print. I "assumed" it would be marked with a date. Silly me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. also. I'm really excited for vacation. can't stop the funk people!

    ReplyDelete