Blog.

This is my first time. I'm a little nervous.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Plan

I'm making my itinerary. This itinerary is tentative, but I am hoping to get to all of these places and specifically to study spanish for a month in Guatemala. This one's for you, Dad.

February 2 Fly into Cancun
4 Bus to Tikal / Flores, Guatemala
6 Spanish Lessons in San Andres, Guatemala
13-14 Carnaval in Antigua, Guatemala
15-March 5 Spanish Lessons in Antigua, Guatemala
March 6-11 Guatemala City / Pacific Slope of Guatemala / Santa Ana, El Salvador / Parque
Nacional Montecristo / Izalco
12-14 Copan Ruins / Gracias, Honduras
15-19 Utila Islands, Honduras - SCUBA!
20-21 Tela / San Pedro Sula, Honduras
22-April 2 Mosquitia Coast, Honduras / Nicaragua
April 3-6 Semana Santa, Antigua, Guatemala
7 Bus to Cancun
8-15 Cancun
15 Fly to Minneapolis

10 comments:

  1. you're there!!! let me know you haven't turned into a chicken farmer or something!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Followed your flight to Cancun and saw that you landed successfully. Good luck on your bus ride to Guatemala. Love Gr. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patrick aka Master PFebruary 3, 2010 at 7:26 AM

    Cheese and rice! You're there. I'm trying to envision what you're doing right now ... maybe you are on a bus? No... maybe you are on a beach? No ... wait ... now I'm getting something ... yes, yes, that's it ... I see ... a window. And out the window I see ... a street! With people on it! You're sitting inside and you're near a window. You're on a chair and you're ... you're reading a computer screen! That's it! You're reading the messages on your blog! Messages from the spirit dimension are mysterious indeed. Still, I have stood pondering and deciphering these psychic emanations for some time (risking madness and perdition!) and I am certain you are on your blog at this precise moment. Okay, have a good day lady. Love, Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wondering where you are. I saw that Grandma Jo followed your plane and I feel better. Just hoping you landed and you're great and your luggage wasn't lost (not that the clothes you were wearing weren't totally cute enough for the duration of the trip). Got up and almost texted you this morning :). Then I remembered you were in Central America and I rolled over and snuggle the green monster we call jealousy. He's fuzzy but his breath smells bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patrick aka Master PFebruary 4, 2010 at 8:47 AM

    PS: Elsa told me that "Lora" in Spanish means "a female parrot."

    ReplyDelete
  6. i bought my ticket! and mom's! we're definately coming to cancun to sit on the beach with you and hike us some mayan trails. yee-haw howdy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We will also go to Isla Mujerus. Oh the things we can think and places we can go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jealousy is fuzzy? I always thought he would be slimy...
    Thanks Grandma, I made it fine and I am currently in Guatemala! Love you!

    Patrick, I dont even know how to respond to your post. I forgot how charmingly obnoxious you are...love you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad that you wrote us what was happening! It sounds as if you are getting quite an education on how the third world countries live. Loved hearing about your adventures. Stay safe!love, Gr Howie and Gr. Jo

    ReplyDelete